Loaves and Fishes is a faith coalition designed to bring hope to those in the community who need affordable housing. Loaves and Fishes is a dedicated group of congregations throughout the Denver Metro area and has supported Habitat's mission since 1998. Over our history of supporting Habitat, we have averaged building one new home for a hard-working and deserving future homeowner every year. In 2021, we completed our 20th home.
The following congregations are members of our coalition:
1. Applewood Valley United Methodist Church
2. Columbine United Church of Littleton
3. First Plymouth Congregational Church
4. First Presbyterian Church of Golden
5. Grace United Methodist Church
6. Heritage United Methodist Church
7. New Hope Presbyterian Church
8. Smoky Hill United Methodist Church
10. University Park United Methodist Church
11. Washington Park United Methodist Church
Want to see your church listed here? Contact us to find out how!
Our name is taken from the miracle of the loaves and fishes (Matthew 14:13-21, Mark 6:30-44, Luke 9:10-17, John 6:1-14). Our logo is derived from a mosaic of that miracle, originally created in front of the altar of the first Byzantine church on the Sea of Galilee in 350 C.E. and still present when the second Byzantine church was built in 480 C.E. The mosaic was preserved when the church was destroyed in 614, and in 1934 a new church was built over the site at Tabgha, which means “seven springs.” This is the place where Jesus performed the miracle of feeding more than 5,000 people with five loaves of bread and two fish. Our task is to perform the miracle of building affordable homes for people in need.